Enlighten – Interactive Informed Consent
In the current informed consent process, subjects are presented with a multi-page paper form that outlines the procedures and risks that they will be subjected to if they choose to participate in the study. The paper form process is tedious and unengaging.
Create an application to improve this process by offering a new way to engage the subject in the consent process.
The overall goal of Enlighten is to improve the consent process, ensuring that that the subject makes an informed decision regarding their participation and that the hospital remains compliant with regulations as they pertain to consent.
- Interactive avatars are used to make the process more engaging and interactive
- Videos and games help appeal to multiple learning styles
- Content is presented in smaller sections in tandem with audio to make the consent easier to understand and to reach a broader audience
- Questions are be posed to the user to ensure comprehension
- Digital signatures/initials are captured and included in a signed consent form that will then be emailed to the subject
- Highly Interactive and educational (avatars, games, questions)
- Created with different learning styles in mind
- Regulatory compliant
- HIPAA Compliant
- Kid friendly – designed with pediatric population in mind